iCan Shine Bike Camp
Variety will be hosting the iCan Shine Bike Camp in Round Rock, TX this summer from July 16 - July 20th at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center in partnership with Round Rock Parks and Recreation.
iCan Shine Bike Camp teaches individuals with disabilities how to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle using adapted bike equipment during daily 75-minutes sessions over five days. Approximately 80% of riders learn to ride a conventional bicycle independently by the end of camp. The remaining 20% often make great progress towards that goal.
Stay tuned for more information on the application process and guidelines to be determined by Mid-May. Please anticipate a registration fee to be between $50-150 per participant.
Clay Madsen Recreation Center
1600 Gattis School Road
Round Rock, TX 78664
To be eligible to enroll, riders must:
· Be at least eight years old (Riders who are 7 1/2 years old by the start of camp will be put on a waitlist)
· Have a disability
· Be able to walk without an assistive device, such as a walker or cane
· Be able to side-step quickly to both sides
· Have a minimum inseam measurement of 20 inches from the floor
· Weigh no more than 220 pounds
If you have any questions about the iCan Shine Bike Camp and the application process, please contact Crystal at email@example.com