Variety Bike Logo

 iCan Shine Bike Camp

Hosted By Variety, The Children's Charity of Texas


Variety will be hosting the iCan Shine Bike Camp in Round Rock, TX this summer from July 16 - July 20th at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center in partnership with Round Rock Parks and Recreation.

 

iCan Shine Bike Camp teaches individuals with disabilities how to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle using adapted bike equipment during daily 75-minutes sessions over five days. Approximately 80% of riders learn to ride a conventional bicycle independently by the end of camp. The remaining 20% often make great progress towards that goal. 

 

For each participant a registration fee of $50 is required to secure their spot at the Bike Camp. This fee is fully refundable if the participant completes all days of the camp. 

Cancellation Policy: Participants may receive a full refund if they cancel by email at least 14 days in advance (by midnight Monday, July 2nd). Please email Crystal.Barfoot@VarietyTexas.org to cancel. 

Please complete registration form AND payment to secure the participant's spot.  

Clay Madsen Recreation Center

1600 Gattis School Road
Round Rock, TX 78664
United States

iCanBike logo (002).jpg
RRPARD Logo (002).png
 
 

Enrollment

To be eligible to enroll, riders must:

·        Be at least eight years old (Riders who are 7 1/2 years old by the start of camp will be put on a waitlist)

·        Have a disability

·        Be able to walk without an assistive device, such as a walker or cane

·        Be able to side-step quickly to both sides

·        Have a minimum inseam measurement of 20 inches from the floor

·        Weigh no more than 220 pounds

 

 

If you have any questions about the iCan Shine Bike Camp and the application process, please contact Crystal at crystal.barfoot@varietytexas.org 


Variety has partnered with Bicycle Sport Shop to hold a raffle for a Specialized Roval CL Wheelset (valued at over $1,600). Tickets can be purchased for $5 at Bicycle Sport Shop or at Circuit of the Americas Bike Night. Tickets can be purchase on our website in these increments: $20 for 5 tickets, $40 for 10 tickets or $60 for 15 tickets. Your information will be entered on as many tickets as you purchase.

All proceeds from raffle ticket sales will go to Variety's iCan Shine Bike Camp. This camp teaches children with a disability how to ride a bike on their own.

Drawing for the wheelset will be held July 3rd at the COTA Bike Night. Do not need to be present to win. 

Please consider offsetting fees when making your raffle ticket purchase! 


You Can Help!


By making a tax-deductible donation, you can ensure that children experience the excitement of
learning to ride a bike at an affordable price, or even free.


SPONSORSHIP LEVELS


$1,000 – MOUNTAIN BIKER includes:



o Company logo on t-shirt
o Featured logo on Variety TX website and event website
o Tags in all bike camp-related social media posts
o Logo on water bottle
o Name in press release to local media outlets


$500 – ROADIE includes:


o Company logo on t-shirt
o Tags in all bike camp-related social media posts
o Logo on event website


$200 – CRUISER includes:


o Company logo on t-shirt
o Tags in all bike camp-related social media posts


$50 – JUST LEARNIN includes:


o Variety bike camp water bottle

Variety's goal is to raise funds to offset any expenses to the families. If you would like to help a child with special needs learn to ride a two-wheeled bicycle independently, donate now! Please let us know that your donation is for the iCan Shine Bike Camp in the comments section of your donation.