Can I apply?
- Applicants can apply for assistance through age 21.
- Applicants can receive financial assistance no greater than $5,000 per year, with a lifetime maximum of $10,000.
- Applicants do not receive funds directly from Variety. All payments are made to the vendor of the product or service requested.
We’re here to help you every step of the way through our confidential application process.
Please keep in mind that any applications missing information will not be reviewed.
What can I
(Medical procedures, services & equipment)
Assists with non-mobility related medical needs such as prescriptions, life-saving surgery, therapy, and other medically necessary procedures.
(Mobility equipment & mobile therapy)
Provides mobility devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, specialized bikes, and therapy to increase mobility and independence.
VARIETY FUTURE KIDS
(Education, experience & play)
Provides funding for special educational resources and equipment to improve academic performance and communication skills.
*Variety does not provide reimbursements for products or services.
How can I apply?
- Please apply online using the button below.
- Online Application must be filled out in full before submitting. You will not be able to save your answers on the application and will need to start over if you close the window.
- Incomplete applications expire 60 DAYS after we receive them. All expired applications will be discarded and any personal information will be shredded & deleted.
- If you have any questions about your application status please contact our Program Coordinator, Ruthie Hanna by phone or email.
Adaptive Van applications
Applications requesting financial assistance for adapted vans must meet the following requirements and provide the following information in order to receive assistance:
- Applications must include detailed plan for payment of van in order to be considered (i.e. who will be contributing and for how much).
- Applications must be formally approved by our board before any financial assistance will be given.
- Vans must be fully paid for minus Variety’s approved amount before Variety will make any payments (financial assistance will not be given to financed vans).
- Any approved Variety funds will be paid directly to the company selling the van (families will not be reimbursed).
Online Application must be filled out in full before submitting. You will not be able to save your answers on the application and will need to start over if you close the window.
After you have filled out the application you will receive an email asking you to subscribe to our email list. Please subscribe to be notified that we have received your application and receive an email with instructions for next steps.
Please black out ALL social security numbers on tax returns/ W2's/medical forms/ etc before submitting.
PLEASE NOTE: recommendation forms must be filled out by a medical professional not associated with the product or service being recommended.
Vendors PLEASE NOTE: all invoices must be submitted within 3 months of the grants expiration date.
Vendors for Tuition or Therapy Services PLEASE NOTE: Variety does not pay for multiple months of service at one time. An invoice for services must be submitted for each month (this invoice must have the applicants full name on it and only be for services rendered that month.)
PLEASE NOTE: for modified vehicles both a regular application and a modified vehicle form must be filled out.